Thursday, December 8, 2016

Course End Reflections

     When I began this class I honestly did not know what to expect, the only thing I knew was that I was hungry to learn more.  I came in so green my nickname may as well have been Big Money.  I mean I didnt even know the difference between a grip and a gaffer.  I definitely had not grasped fully the rule of thirds or the 180 rule.  I had 2 goals in mind at the beginning and that was to find out who iI am as a filmmaker and get a better understanding of the use of the camera, because I have enough respect for this craft that I don't just want to put anything out there.

     Now that the semester is over, I realize that I'm still green with the camera but its more of a dark green now.  I know that I wont be anybody's DP at any point because my talents are better suited in the director's chair or in the editing room.  The good thing is I now have a better understanding of the rule of thirds as well as the 180 rule.  This is not to say that I wont keep striving to get better with the camera because I want that so bad I can taste it.  So I will at some point invest in myself and purchase a camera.  I still believe I have an eye for this every time I look at some of my stills and what I capture convinces me of this so I will find a way to translate that to motion pictures and develop that the best I can.  Thank you so much for your wealth of knowledge and experience, you'll hear my name one way or another at some point in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment